Which is better for gym over-ear or on-ear headphones?
On-ear headphones are lighter than their over-ear counterparts and that can make all the difference during a workout. The lightweight materials used to manufacture them also mean that they’re easier to carry to and from the gym. They have an open sound making on-ear headphones safer for working out in.
What type of headphones are best for the gym?
- Best Headphones Overall: Jabra Elite Active 75t.
- Best Health and Safety Features: Amazfit Powerbuds Pro.
- Best Secure Fit: Shure Aonic 215.
- Best When You Need to Stop and Take Calls: Jabra Elite 7 Pro.
- Sexiest Looking: Bowers & Wilkins PI7.
Should I wear AirPods or headphones to the gym?
“Simply put, sweat—and any kind of water—will damage headphones permanently if it gets inside,” our executive editor, TJ Donegan, explains. “The AirPods don’t take any special measures to prevent this from happening, so your best bet is to just not use them while working out.”