What do I need to hook up subs to a stock radio?
You will need a line output converter if you have a factory car stereo in your car. This is because the factory head unit generally tends to have speaker wires but does not have a preamp output that can convert them into RCA signals.
How do you hook up a powered subwoofer to a factory radio?
- Step #1: Disable Battery Connection.
- Step #2: Install the Power Cable.
- Step #3: Check Cables for the Subwoofer.
- Step #4: Position Your Subwoofer.
- Step #6: Test Audio on Subwoofer.
Can I connect a subwoofer to a stereo?
If you are using your subwoofer with a stereo receiver that lacks a subwoofer output (and many of them do), you can connect the subwoofer using an extra set of speaker cables, as shown above—provided the subwoofer has speaker-level (speaker wire) connections, as the picks in our Best Budget Subwoofer guide do.