Can you use the Arlo Audio Doorbell without a base station?
No, an Arlo SmartHub or base station is optional to use the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wired. You can use an existing WiFi router to connect the doorbell directly to 2.4GHz WiFi.
How do I connect my Arlo Audio Doorbell?
- Launch the Arlo Secure app.
- Scroll down and tap Add New Device.
- Select Doorbells and Chimes.
- Select Audio Doorbell.
- Follow the in-app instructions.
- Insert two AA batteries into your Arlo Doorbell.
Does Arlo Audio Doorbell require a subscription?
Arlo Ultra, Pro 3, and Video Doorbell come with a free Arlo Smart trial. When the trial expires, you have the option to purchase an Arlo Smart subscription. Without an Arlo Smart subscription, you can still add up to 5 cameras to your Arlo account, live stream, and receive motion and audio notifications.