How do I hook up my amp and sub to my factory stereo?
The best way to connect it to a factory system is to tap into the stereo’s speaker outputs for the amp’s input signal. Then send the amp’s outputs back to the stereo’s harness, and on to the speakers through the factory wiring.
How do I add a subwoofer to my car stereo?
- 1 Purchasing Wiring and Disconnecting the Battery.
- 2 Routing the Power Wire to the Engine.
- 3 Connecting the Subwoofers to the Stereo.
- 4 Securing the Ground Wire to Exposed Metal.
- 5 Wiring the Amplifier and Subwoofers.
Can you hook up a subwoofer to a stereo amp without sub OUT?
The best way to hook up a subwoofer to an amplifier with no dedicated subwoofer out is to use a “Y” splitter cable.