How much does it cost to fix an aux in a car?
All told, the materials and tools will set you back between $75 and $400. But if you already have the tools, the entire operation will only cost you around 20 bucks in materials. The other cost to consider: if you’re gearing up to install your own aux port is time and effort.
Why is my car aux not working?
Check to make sure the input device, like your phone, is working properly. You may want to try the aux with a different input device, like your computer, if possible. Try using a different aux cable. Use a can of compressed air to clean out the aux port.
How do you fix a loose auxiliary port?
- Flatten out a paper clip.
- Wrap the edge of the paper clip with double-sided tape.
- Carefully insert the sticky end into the headphone jack.
- Press the paper clip tightly to the bottom of the jack and twist.
- Repeat the steps, checking regularly into the jack to make sure no debris is left.