What do you need to hook up a sub to a factory radio?
Use a Converter
You will need a line output converter if you have a factory car stereo in your car. This is because the factory head unit generally tends to have speaker wires but does not have a preamp output that can convert them into RCA signals.
How do you hook up a powered subwoofer to a factory radio?
- Step #1: Disable Battery Connection.
- Step #2: Install the Power Cable.
- Step #3: Check Cables for the Subwoofer.
- Step #4: Position Your Subwoofer.
- Step #6: Test Audio on Subwoofer.
How to install a line output converter to a stock radio?
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove your factory head unit.
- Review your wiring diagrams.
- Strip Wires and Make the Proper Connections.
- Test your System and Tidy Up the Install.