How do you hook up a sub and amp to a factory radio?
The best way to connect it to a factory system is to tap into the stereo’s speaker outputs for the amp’s input signal. Then send the amp’s outputs back to the stereo’s harness, and on to the speakers through the factory wiring.
What do you need to hook up a sub to a factory radio?
Use a Converter
You will need a line output converter if you have a factory car stereo in your car. This is because the factory head unit generally tends to have speaker wires but does not have a preamp output that can convert them into RCA signals.
How do you hook up a line output converter to a factory radio?
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove your factory head unit.
- Review your wiring diagrams.
- Strip Wires and Make the Proper Connections.
- Test your System and Tidy Up the Install.