Can you connect a subwoofer to a standard car stereo?
So now you know – it’s definitely possible to install a subwoofer and amplifier to your factory system, and still have it sounding good. If you’d like to know more about how to get a killer system set-up in your car without swapping your stereo, give us a call at 510-527-9888.
How do you hook up a woofer to a car stereo?
- 1 Purchasing Wiring and Disconnecting the Battery.
- 2 Routing the Power Wire to the Engine.
- 3 Connecting the Subwoofers to the Stereo.
- 4 Securing the Ground Wire to Exposed Metal.
- 5 Wiring the Amplifier and Subwoofers.
What happens if you connect subwoofer without amp?
The car subwoofer will produce distortion free sound for the car audio system. Typically without an amp the standard speakers and the subwoofer output won’t produce a louder sound and the bass frequencies will be flat.