How do I enter the code on my Kenwood car stereo?
- Select the Standby source.
- Press and hold the [AUDIO] button.
- Use the [Control knob] to select “INITIAL SET” > “SECURITY SET”.
- Press and hold the [Control knob].
- Press the [E] or [F] button to select a digit to enter.
How do you get into a locked Kenwood?
Press and hold side button number 2; still holding this side key down, power on the radio. When the indicator light at the top comes on with an orange color, release the button. You should hear two beeps when you release the button. Power the radio off and then back on again; your device is now unlocked.
How do I take my Kenwood out of Protect Mode?
Turn off the receiver and let it cool for a few hours; then try again. If the protection mode warning doesn’t go away on its own, press the reset button. If that doesn’t work, disconnect the power lead from your receiver for 30 seconds and then reconnect it. If it still doesn’t work, it’s time to take it to the dealer.