- Step 1: Try Rebooting the Stereo. The first thing you should attempt is rebooting the stereo.
- Step 2: Check the Wiring.
- Step 3: Clean the Screen.
- Step 4: Perform a Clean Factory Reset.
- Step 5: Replace the Stereo.
Why is my car radio screen black?
Restart Your Car’s Infotainment System
The reason you’re facing the black screen issue may not even be related to Android Auto on your phone. It could be that your car’s stereo system or head unit is malfunctioning, so you’re unable to use Android Auto. A quick fix for this issue is to restart your car’s head unit.
Why won’t my car radio screen turn on?
Some of the most common issues include a blown fuse, bad or damaged wiring, and anti-theft modes that are often triggered when the battery dies. In order to track down the reason that your car radio won’t turn on, you’ll want to tackle each of these potential issues one at a time.
How do I reset my radio screen?
Turn your car on, but do not start the engine. Turn the radio off. Hold the radio power button down for a few minutes until it resets.