- Make a physical check.
- If necessary, make a physical repair to the port.
- Reboot Windows.
- Check the Device Manager, uninstall the USB Host Controller.
- Disable USB Selective Suspend power saving option.
Why did my USB port suddenly stopped working?
USB-related issues can be caused due to incompatible device, outdated, incorrect, or corrupt drivers, damaged USB ports or cables, faulty USB port, and so on.
Why won’t my car read my USB?
If the device isn’t recognized, remove the USB device and then re-insert it. Make sure that your device is set to the required mode before connecting it to the car stereo. Some USB devices need to be in a specific mode (such as a Mass Storage Class or Player mode, etc.) before you can use the USB device for playback.
How do I manually fix a USB port?
- Restart your computer.
- Look for debris in the USB port.
- Check for loose or broken internal connections.
- Try a different USB port.
- Swap to a different USB cable.
- Plug your device into a different computer.
- Try plugging in a different USB device.
- Check the device manager (Windows).