- Disconnect all power from the unit.
- Simultaneously press and hold the [MENU] and [Skip Track] buttons.
- While holding down both [MENU] and [Skip Track] , apply 12v power to unit.
- Press [Skip Track] until the display shows “DC1 ERR”
- Press [Pause] and advance display until “DC2” appears.
Why is my radio in Protect Mode?
Your stereo receiver is going into protection mode because the receiver has an internal short, a speaker is bad or the speaker wiring has a problem, such as incorrect wire gauge or bad connections.
How do you reset a JVC stereo?
To reset your JVC car radio, locate the reset button on the unit. This is usually located behind the faceplate. Once you’ve found the reset button, press and hold it for about five seconds. After a few seconds, you should see the message “RESET” appear on the display of your stereo.