- Disconnect all power from the unit.
- Simultaneously press and hold the [MENU] and [Skip Track] buttons.
- While holding down both [MENU] and [Skip Track] , apply 12v power to unit.
- Press [Skip Track] until the display shows “DC1 ERR”
- Press [Pause] and advance display until “DC2” appears.
How do you reset a JVC car radio?
To reset your JVC car radio, locate the reset button on the unit. This is usually located behind the faceplate. Once you’ve found the reset button, press and hold it for about five seconds. After a few seconds, you should see the message “RESET” appear on the display of your stereo.
Can you factory reset a car radio?
Turn your car on, but do not start the engine. Turn the radio off. Hold the radio power button down for a few minutes until it resets.
Performing the RESET procedure will erase the clock settings and some stored content. Some models don’t have a reset button. Check your manual for model-specific information.