How to install a line output converter to a stock radio?
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove your factory head unit.
- Review your wiring diagrams.
- Strip Wires and Make the Proper Connections.
- Test your System and Tidy Up the Install.
Can I connect a subwoofer to a stereo?
If you are using your subwoofer with a stereo receiver that lacks a subwoofer output (and many of them do), you can connect the subwoofer using an extra set of speaker cables, as shown above—provided the subwoofer has speaker-level (speaker wire) connections, as the picks in our Best Budget Subwoofer guide do.
How can I make my stock car radio louder?
You can make your car speakers louder by installing sound-deadening materials around your vehicle, sealing the gaps between your speakers and their mounting holes, removing or securing loose items around your speakers, balancing your sound system’s tone controls, and only playing high-quality audio files.