How do I update my BMW infotainment system?
- Enter the app and find the Remote Software Upgrade menu.
- Go to Remote Software Upgrade settings and choose the ‘Wi-Fi only’ download.
- Click on ‘Start download’.
- When the download is completed connect your phone to your vehicle via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
How do I force my BMW Connected app to update?
Get in the car, navigate to apps installed, and hit the options button on the lower console, behind the iDrive wheel. A screen will pop up with a few options. That option that should be selected already. Update apps and services.
How do I update my iDrive firmware?
- Enter your VIN into the BMW software portal to check for required updates.
- Download the recommended updates.
- Save them to a USB drive that you can take with you to your vehicle.
- Plug the USB drive into your BMW and initiate a transfer of the updates.