Why is my Uconnect screen black?
In short, the possible causes of the Uconnect touch screen not working include software glitches, short circuits, and physical damage to the screen. The fixes include soft reset, hard reset, firmware upgrade, and replacing the screen.
How do I reset Uconnect black screen?
- Put your vehicle in park and ensure that it is in “RUn” mode.
- Press and hold both the volume and turner knob buttons simultaneously.
- Hold down the knobs for roughly 10-20 seconds.
- A screen should flash with your vehicle’s brand name, then go dark once more.
How do you force reset Uconnect?
- Turn your key in the ignition to “Run,” but leave the car in park.
- Simultaneously press the volume button and the tuner knob at the same time.
- Continue pressing them down for 10 – 20 seconds.