About this item
|Listening Length||5 hours and 19 minutes|
|Audible.com Release Date||May 23, 2017|
|Publisher||Simon & Schuster Audio|
Is The Mist based off of Stephen King?
The Mist (also known as Stephen King’s The Mist) is a 2007 American science-fiction horror film based on the 1980 novella The Mist by Stephen King. The film was written and directed by Frank Darabont. Darabont had been interested in adapting The Mist for the big screen since the 1980s.
Is The Mist book better than the movie?
The Mist movie’s ending proves to be far darker and arguably better than its original Stephen King novella, and the king of horror himself agrees. The Mist movie arguably has a much better ending than its original Stephen King novella, and the King of Horror himself agrees.
What reading level is The Mist by Stephen King?
How long is The Mist audiobook? – Related Questions
What is Stephen King’s best audiobook?
Stephen King’s 20 Best Audiobooks: The Definitive List
- The Shining. By: Stephen King.
- The Stand. By: Stephen King.
- The Dark Tower I. By: Stephen King.
- ‘Salem’s Lot (Movie Tie-in) By: Stephen King.
- The Outsider. By: Stephen King.
- Pet Sematary. By: Stephen King.
- Duma Key. By: Stephen King.
- Under the Dome. By: Stephen King.
What is Stephen King’s scariest novel?
Pretty much everyone names Pet Sematary as King’s scariest (including the author himself). Part of it is the primal nature of the scares, centered on loved ones coming back from death wrong.
What is the most sold horror book?
Best-Selling Horror Books of All Time
- Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley.
- Dracula, by Bram Stoker.
- Flower in the Attic, by V.C.
- The Exorcist, by William Peter Blatty.
- The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris.
- The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson.
- Ring, by Kōji Suzuki.
- The Shining, by Stephen King.
What is Stephen King’s scariest character?
Out of all the characters in Stephen King’s works, the scariest is, without a doubt, Pennywise from It. Because Pennywise isn’t given a tragic backstory in the films, all viewers know is that the killer clown is a paranormal entity who resides in drains and lures in children.
Who is the scariest writer?
15 Best Horror Authors You Must Read
- Stephen King.
- Bram Stoker.
- Shirley Jackson.
- Clive Barker.
- Dean Koontz.
- Anne Rice.
- Edgar Allan Poe.
- H.P. Lovecraft.
Who was the saddest writer?
List of Authors Who lived The Most Tragic And Sad Life:
- Sylvia Plath.
- Virginia Woolf.
- Oscar Wilde.
- Charlotte Brontë
- Charles Dickens.
- Franz Kafka.
- Ted Hughes.
Which is the most horror story in the world?
- Frankenstein. by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley.
- Dracula. by Bram Stoker.
- ‘Young Goodman Brown’ by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- ‘The Tell-Tale Heart’ by Edgar Allan Poe.
- ‘Carmilla’ by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu.
- ‘The Turn Of The Screw’ by Henry James.
- ‘The Great God Pan’ by Arthur Machen.
- ‘The Monkey’s Paw’ by W. W. Jacobs.
Who is the scariest horror person?
Freddy Krueger (65%), Hannibal Lecter (60%), Michael Myers (60%) and Chucky (54%) are the horror villains most Americans find scary.
Who is the smartest horror movie killer?
Jigsaw [IQ: 158]
One of the most influential factors which make Jigsaw the #1 Smartest Horror Movie Killer, is that he planned all of these additional killings (in one fashion or another) in advance of his own predicted death. If planning weren’t enough, Jigsaw’s traps absolutely reek of genius.
Who is the best horror killer of all time?
From Universal’s classic monster movies to the scariest slasher stars of the 21st century, here is our ranking of the 25 best horror villains of all time.
- 1 of 25. Candyman.
- 2 of 25. Count Orlock.
- 3 of 25. The Invisible Man.
- 4 of 25. Patrick Bateman.
- 5 of 25. Carrie.
- 6 of 25. The Mummy.
- 7 of 25. Jigsaw.
- 8 of 25. Ghostface.
Who is the king of slashers?
Best Slasher #1 – Michael Myers (Halloween, 1978)
Beyond John Carpenter’s filmmaking, there are a few reasons why Myers is the ultimate slasher. One, he has no gimmick (he wears a William Shatner mask, but how frightening is that?). Two, he’s unstoppable. Three, he has no personality.
What is the scariest slasher film?
25 Essential Slasher Movies
- #8. Friday the 13th (1980) 63% 60% #8.
- #7. Black Christmas (1974) 71% 75% #7.
- #6. Dressed to Kill (1980) 81% 74% #6.
- #5. Opera (1987) 90% 79% #5.
- #4. A Bay of Blood (1971) 86% 63% #4.
- #3. Scream (1996) 80% 79% #3.
- #2. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) 95% 84% #2.
- #1. Halloween (1978) 96% 89% #1.
Are there any female slashers?
Slashers have been predominantly male, but a few of them through the years have been female and one could even say that more and more of them are female, a fun change in the sub-genre. Pearl is one example of the recent slasher resurgence on the big screen and she’s one killer lady!
Who is the oldest slasher?
Thirteen Women. Thirteen Women (1932) is perhaps the earliest example of what would become a slasher film. It documents eleven (not thirteen, as two women’s scenes were cut before theatrical release) women being harassed and murdered after a clairvoyant swami mails them a horoscope foreseeing swift doom.
Who are the strongest slashers?
Best Slashers, Ranked by Kill Count
- 7/7 Freddy Krueger — Kill Count: 60+
- 6/7 Hannibal Lecter — Kill Count: 98.
- 5/7 The Invisible Man / Jack Griffin — Kill Count: 100+
- 4/7 Chucky — Kill Count: 100+
- 3/7 Jason Voorhees — Kill Count: 157-170.
- 2/7 Michael Myers — Kill Count: 170.
- 1/7 Pinhead — Kill Count: 246+ (at least)