Which amplifier is best for home?
- Best Overall Stereo Amp: Peachtree Audio nova300.
- A Stereo Amp with a Great DAC Included: Cambridge Audio CXA61.
- Best Budget Stereo Amp: Onkyo A-9110.
- Best Stereo Amp for Vinyl: Denon PMA-600NE.
- Best High-End Stereo Amp: Anthem STR.
- Best Stereo Amp for Small Rooms: S.M.S.L AD 18.
How many speakers can a 12 channel amp power?
The most common configuration is to divide the 12 independent amplifier channels equally into 6 stereo zones. But they can also be configured to power up to 24 speakers in just a single zone or divided between a combination of up to 6 stereo or 12 mono zones.
How many channels do I need for 8 speakers and a sub?
You need one channel for each speaker unless you’re adding a subwoofer to a system, in which case a single-channel amp will do.