Can a head unit power a sub?
Not really advisable to run it off the HU as the HU will not be able to drive the sub to it’s potential. It will not sound very good. The options in the HU allow you to control the sub which is either connected to an amp to the preout or directly to the rear speaker channels of the HU if you don’t have an amp.
What is the most powerful car stereo receiver?
- #1 Best Overall: Pioneer DEH-150MP Car Stereo System.
- #2 Best Value: BOSS Audio 656BCK Car Stereo System.
- #3 Best Sound Performance: Kenwood Car Stereo System.
- #4 Most Powerful: JVC KDR690S Car Stereo System.
- #5 Best Wireless System: BOSS Audio 616UAB Car Stereo System.
- #6 Best for CD: Pioneer DEH-150 Car Stereo System.
Does head unit affect sound quality?
Yes! It does have a direct impact on sound quality. This means that the better your head unit, the better your music will sound.