Can a touch screen on car stereo be replaced?
You may be hesitant to have it replaced because of the cost of labor. If you’re here, you may be wondering if you can take care of the touch screen radio replacement yourself. The good news is you absolutely can replace a touch screen radio yourself! All you need is some basic knowledge of your car’s radio system.
How to fix a car stereo screen?
- Step 1: Remove the Car Stereo.
- Step 2: Dissemble the Car Stereo.
- Step 3: Detach the Main Wires of the Screen Panel.
- Step 4: Disconnect the Touch Screen.
- Step 5: Remove the Broken Touch screen.
- Step 6: Clean the LCD.
- Step 7: Install the New Touch screen.
How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen car radio?
- Step 1: Try Rebooting the Stereo. The first thing you should attempt is rebooting the stereo.
- Step 2: Check the Wiring.
- Step 3: Clean the Screen.
- Step 4: Perform a Clean Factory Reset.
- Step 5: Replace the Stereo.