Can you replace the screen on a car radio?
You may be hesitant to have it replaced because of the cost of labor. If you’re here, you may be wondering if you can take care of the touch screen radio replacement yourself. The good news is you absolutely can replace a touch screen radio yourself! All you need is some basic knowledge of your car’s radio system.
How do you fix a radio screen?
- Step 1: Remove the Car Stereo.
- Step 2: Dissemble the Car Stereo.
- Step 3: Detach the Main Wires of the Screen Panel.
- Step 4: Disconnect the Touch Screen.
- Step 5: Remove the Broken Touch screen.
- Step 6: Clean the LCD.
- Step 7: Install the New Touch screen.
Can you repair a radio?
Most modern radios are built on printed circuit boards that can’t be repaired by anyone but trained technicians. However, there still are tests you can perform and parts you can replace. Check your local Radio Shack or other electronics supplier for parts and tools.