Why is my car radio audio not working?
The most likely reason for your radio’s sudden death is a blown fuse. All car radios have at least one fuse that protects it from power surges coming from somewhere else in the vehicle. The first thing you should do when your radio stops working is check its fuses and replace any that have blown.
Why did my car speakers suddenly stop working?
When all of the speakers in a car audio system all stop working at once, the problem is usually in the head unit, in the amp, or in the wiring. In some cases, an issue with the wiring between the head unit and a single speaker can even cause all of the speakers in an entire car audio system to cut out at once.
How do I fix the sound on my radio?
- Determine whether the problem is external.
- Check the car radio ground connection.
- Unplug the radio antenna and check if the sound is still there.
- Check if moving the antenna wire removes static.
- Check if moving other wires removes the static.
- Install a noise filter or replace the head unit.