Why is my car radio audio not working?
The most likely reason for your radio’s sudden death is a blown fuse. All car radios have at least one fuse that protects it from power surges coming from somewhere else in the vehicle. The first thing you should do when your radio stops working is check its fuses and replace any that have blown.
Why has my sound stopped working?
Hardware problems can be caused by outdated or malfunctioning drivers. Make sure your audio driver is up to date and update it if needed. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling the audio driver (it will reinstall automatically). If that doesn’t work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows.
How do I fix the sound on my radio?
- Determine whether the problem is external.
- Check the car radio ground connection.
- Unplug the radio antenna and check if the sound is still there.
- Check if moving the antenna wire removes static.
- Check if moving other wires removes the static.
- Install a noise filter or replace the head unit.