Every musical note corresponds with a frequency. If you want to maximize your bass-heavy music, you need to adjust your equalizer within the 20-200Hz range by boosting the decibels (dB) in that range.
How do I adjust the bass on my Kenwood car stereo?
Exit the Audio control mode.
Press and hold the  button. You can set Bass, Middle, and Treble levels for each source.
How do you set the EQ on a Kenwood?
- Press [SRC] to select a source other than Standby (“STANDBY”).
- Press [Control] knob.
- Select “Audio Control” > “Manual Equalizer” using [Control] knob.
- Select a equalizer control item using [Control] knob.
- Select a Band using [Control] knob.
- Select a value using [Control] knob.
What equalizer setting has the best sound?
600 Hz–3,000 Hz (Mids)—the range that humans can hear the best. The majority of the sound of vocals is here, so EQing this range represents the perfect equalizer settings to play with if you want to affect someone’s voice. 3,000 Hz–8,000 Hz (Upper Mids)—most audiophiles handle this range with care.