- Best Overall Stereo Amp: Peachtree Audio nova300.
- A Stereo Amp with a Great DAC Included: Cambridge Audio CXA61.
- Best Budget Stereo Amp: Onkyo A-9110.
- Best Stereo Amp for Vinyl: Denon PMA-600NE.
- Best High-End Stereo Amp: Anthem STR.
- Best Stereo Amp for Small Rooms: S.M.S.L AD 18.
Which watt amplifier is best?
The amplifier should be rated at 700 watts per channel into 8 ohms for a stereo pair of speakers. A professional-level loudspeaker can handle transient peaks above its power rating if they occur.
What size amplifier do I need?
A general rule for choosing an amplifier is to select an amp that provides 1.5-2 times the continuous power rating of your speaker. This will ensure the speaker has enough power while leaving yourself 3 dB of headroom.
What are the different types of audio amplifiers?
- Class A Amplifiers. The simplest type of audio amplifiers is Class A.
- Class B Amplifiers. Class B amplifiers use a push-pull amplifier topology.
- Class AB Amplifiers.
- Class D Amplifiers.
- Class G Amplifiers.
- Class DG Amplifiers.
- Class H Amplifiers.