- Yamaha RX-V6A. Best AV receiver overall. $850 at Amazon. Price alerts on for YAMAHA RX-V6A.
- Onkyo TX-RZ50. Best receiver under $2,000. $1,599 at Amazon.
- Yamaha RX-A4A. Best movie sound under $2,000. $1,650 at Amazon.
- Onkyo TX-NR6100. Best music streamer under $1,000. $699 at Amazon Marketplace.
How do I choose the right receiver for my speakers?
- How Big Is Your Room?
- How Many Channels Do You Need?
- How Much Power Do You Need?
- Sound Quality and Room Calibration.
- HDMI Inputs and 4K.
- DTS:X and Dolby Atmos.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Second-Zone Audio and Wireless Music.
Which receiver has the best sound quality?
- Best Overall – Yamaha AVENTAGE CX-A5200 + Yamaha AVENTAGE MX-A5200BL.
- Best Under $3,000 – Marantz AV Receiver SR8012.
- Best Under $4,000 – Denon AVR-X8500HSP.
- Best 7.2 AV Receiver Under $2,000 – Lexicon RV6.
- Best Under $1,500 – NAD T 758 v3.
- Best Under $1000 – Denon AVR-X3600H.
Do receivers make speakers sound better?
Receivers allow you to manage the audio across more speakers, taking advantage of 5.1 and 7.2 channel audio options, while also amplifying that sound, and even performing single room correction on the signal, all of which improve sound quality.