Does a car USB port have a fuse?
Check the Fuse Box
A blown fuse can shut down the circuit that feeds electricity to the USB port. Find the fuse panel (typically on the driver’s side of the car) and the diagram that identifies what each fuse does.
Can I fix a USB port that is not working?
It’s not uncommon for USB ports to stop working properly; swap to a different port and change USB cables to troubleshoot. You can also use Device Manager in Windows to scan for new hardware or uninstall and reinstall the USB controller; on a Mac, you can reset the SMC.
How do I manually fix a USB port?
- Restart your computer.
- Look for debris in the USB port.
- Check for loose or broken internal connections.
- Try a different USB port.
- Swap to a different USB cable.
- Plug your device into a different computer.
- Try plugging in a different USB device.
- Check the device manager (Windows).