The primary cause for your Mitsubishi radio to disable itself is the radio’s anti-theft system. The anti-theft system engages when the radio has lost power from your vehicle’s battery. Once this happens, the radio will display one of two messages, “CODE” or “OFF.”
How do I reset my Mitsubishi radio?
Table of Contents hide
- Turn on the ignition.
- If the screen says CODE then turn off the radio.
- Press and hold the Power/Volume button for 40-50 seconds.
- It should unlock your radio in under a minute.
How do I reset my car radio without the code?
If you cannot locate the code and the dealership or installation center was not able to unlock it, you should try these steps:
- Turn your car on, but do not start the engine.
- Turn the radio off.
- Hold the radio power button down for a few minutes until it resets.
Where is the radio reset code?
How to find your car radio code
- Glovebox – Some radio codes appear on a sticker in the glovebox.
- Vehicle handbook – You might find the code in your vehicle handbook under the stereo or security section.
- Manufacturer website – The manufacturer’s website should give you more information about how to retrieve the code.