Is there a fuse for radio sound?
A car radio will have at least one fuse to protect the unit from things like power surges or other electrical issues. If too much current is sent to the audio system, this fuse will blow out and disconnect the circuit to save the main radio.
Why did my sound system stop working?
Hardware problems can be caused by outdated or malfunctioning drivers. Make sure your audio driver is up to date and update it if needed. If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling the audio driver (it will reinstall automatically). If that doesn’t work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows.
How do I fix the sound on my radio?
- Determine whether the problem is external.
- Check the car radio ground connection.
- Unplug the radio antenna and check if the sound is still there.
- Check if moving the antenna wire removes static.
- Check if moving other wires removes the static.
- Install a noise filter or replace the head unit.