Most probably, the power wires of the stereo are in bad condition. While one power wire is always out, the other only heats up with the ignition key. But, if their functions get inverted, the stereo will stop working. If these power wires do not have any voltage, it is time to replace them.
What could be some reasons a car radio isn’t turning on?
Table of Contents hide
5 REASONS WHY YOUR CAR RADIO MAY HAVE STOPPED WORKING IN THE PORTLAND AREA
- Your Radio May Be Equipped with Anti-Theft Technology.
- Antenna or Tuner has a Problem.
- There’s a problem with the Speakers or Their Wiring.
- There’s a Problem with the Wiring.
- A Fuse Needs to be Replaced.
How do I fix my stereo not turning on?
My Stereo System Won’t Turn On
- Securely plug your device to a working wall outlet.
- Press and hold the POWER button, and unplug it from the wall outlet at the same time.
- Release the POWER button.
- Make sure that your device has enough ventilation.
- Plug your device back into a wall outlet.
- Turn on your device.
Why does my stereo stay on when turn ignition off?
The most common cause of this problem is an improperly wired head unit, so if you have an aftermarket radio, that’s the first place to look.